Friday, January 5, 2018

Western Landscape Painters: George Carlson, Lon Chmiel,



George Carlson
I love the  grand sweep of the landscape, the 
careful observation of the geology of these dry western places, and the muted colors. The perspective adds to the drama of the vision, as if one climbed a mountain to see the view from the top.
Umatilla Peak

There Are Canyons

Wings of Snow

Song of the Earth

Wyoming Badlands
Len Chmiel
I have seen this artist at the Autry Museum for Western Art exhibit of western artists in other years, and I love discovering him again.  The brushstrokes are confident and revealing.

Abstrata

Sycamore Creek

Please do not disturb

Way Up There, Horse Heaven Hills, Idaho
Dean L. Jackson
Crowns of Zion
I've not seen this artist before.  His on-line work looks like Andrew Wyeth's, and I can't find much western landscape, but this is marvelous - a subtle low key image of magnificent Zion.

No comments:

Post a Comment