Friday, February 2, 2018

Cedars-Sinai: The Art, Ed Ruscha Lithographs: The World Series



Fifth floor, South Tower waiting room

The hublet is having major surgery today. I know this hospital very well. I have watched with him during other surgeries here. My grandchildren, 3 of them, were born here. I stayed in the room with my daughter and took care of her and the new baby each time. I have had to come to this emergency room. My own children were born at Cedars of Lebanon, the original hospital. I am grateful for its quality, its caring, its fineness.

What's truly singular about Cedars is its museum-quality art collection, hung on corridor and public rooms all over the hospital. A grand piano stands in the main Plaza lobby, and I hear it sometimes being played.  I'm in awe that I can spend the hours here.  Passing through the corridors has a serendipity about it - I never know whom I'll meet up with.  

Today it's an L.A. icon, Ed Ruscha.  A group of lithographs called "World Series" is hung on the North Tower 5th floor waiting room.

It's so singularly beautiful!


The World and Its Surroundings

Thermometers

Girls, girls, girls

Cities






No comments:

Post a Comment