Friday, June 29, 2012

ART: Lorraine Lubner

Lubner writes, “In this body of work I began by making a few fundamental (and at times, contradictory) decisions; one, to infuse color into a basic form, a horizontal but of differing widths. 
 Two, that the form be de-skilled, not ruled or taped. 
Three, that the color be prompted by my intuited need-desire by an adjacent relationship (not by color theory). 
 Four, that the total variety of singular colors produce for me, an “eidetic” image of differing powers and individual lives. 
 Fifth, that the immediacy of the layered paint surface reflect the constant change of color sensitivity-saturation allowing its neighbor its place in the sun.  Differing perceptions of color are due to lighting, pigment or binder.  My “eidetic” (mental image that is actually visible) image reflects the singularity of the oil pigments I use, my binder and the light in my studio.  Whereas my past work was infused with aspects of landscape forms these paintings have no narrative but are an experience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment