Wednesday, June 27, 2012

TRAVEL: The Eastern Sierras


A Los Angeles painter who taught public school!  A colorist adstractionist - when he began painting seriously after an early retirement, he went on to become a professor at Claremont and focused on color and its relationships.  I can see myself doing that and using abstract forms to deal with color relations.  For me, the beauty of the paint surface on the canvas is everything:  the application of it, the texture, the glowing quality, the moment of contrast revealed after I apply another coat of paint or place a loved color next to another.  He’s inspiring - I see myself traveling possible roads which other painters have already discovered, but they seem important to do, even though I re-invent the wheel daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment