Thursday, January 28, 2016

BIRDWATCH: Ducks on the Pond



Male bird plumage is the perfect fusion of function and style. I say it is conclusive evidence of godly Creation, sentient beings untroubled with the need for clothing, yet there they do go - arrayed in most compelling magnificence. We human designers must conclude our looking upon them with a humble moment, all fields of glory leveled.


Mandarin Duck pair, Franklin Canyon pond, photo by author


Wood Duck pair, Franklin Canyon pond, photo by author


I have seen a bird of paradise courtship dance and mating high in the trees above me in Indonesia, and I am fortunate that no choices must be made as to which of my bird sightings I cherish most.


download from Cornell University of Ornithology website,
used for educational purposes only
I'm glad I haven't had to travel as far - these three lord-love-a-duck critters seem to hang out in the pond at Franklin Canyon near our house most of the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment