Friday, August 17, 2012

HOME time.


Friday, August 17, 2012 – 
HOME AGAIN
 A busy few days, settling in again, enjoying being home, and realizing the ennui and entropy that settle in again too.  No excuses at home or distractions to combat the boredom; the need to engage real life.  Vacation life is so novel, stimulating, beautiful.  
After I got to see the grandchildren again, a deep rounded fullness came to me, a sense of purpose about remaining near to my family.  I thought of my mother and father on vacation this year frequently, and Earl and Vera - all the vacations they took us on, all the outdoor life experience they gave us.  I hope Dad was looking down when I learned to filet that trout, and when I caught all those fish myself.   
Yesterday I jogged lightly for thirty-five minutes and came home comfortable and exhilarated.  I made a commitment to start hiking around Los Angeles very seriously - there are lots of places and I just need to get up and go do it.
I have decided that exercise and health are going to be my first priority - even before my painting.  It means less time for that, but it’s got to be the most important reality in my personal life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment