Wednesday, August 1, 2012

TRAVEL: Eastern Sierras, Gull Lake


Wednesday, August 1, 2012  
Fishing Gull Lake
Out until 7:45pm this evening watching the dark descend into the bottle-green waters of Gull.  The fish were sporadic, but John caught the largest rainbow we’ve ever bagged in the Sierras - perhaps 2 ½ lbs.  More large fish here than anywhere else, yet, I think.  Picnic in the park on cold grilled chicken sandwiches, chatting companionably.  

The weather is so lovely-hot, then warm, breezy, with cool wafts occasionally , balmy, aligned with my skin temperature so I feel at one with the air, the breeze, the wind, the world, luxury and well-being wrapping me and opening me to mountains, sky, air, darkness, moonlight, lake wavelets and wind kisses on the glassy surface of mountain lakes green, blue, black, brown, turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment