Thursday, September 6, 2012

ART: Boston Museum of Fine Arts

Looking at Luminosity depicted on Canvas

Boston Museum of Fine Arts
A spectacular day at MFA.  What a pleasure and luxury a large metropolitan museum provides…”...how way leads onto way, and I doubted I would ever come back…”
What I loved today were ceramics, baskets, classic abstract painting, and Ori Gerst’s remarkable operatic, cinematic HD videos.  If I were home now, I’d rush out to the garage and start an abstracted sculptural collage that I could paint with encaustics.  
Now why should I feel so compelled by 3d suddenly?  I always have, actually - but I feel it in my body and my bones, to shape pliable matter, to hold it, to find the form, to build it, to express subtlety, muted tones, gradations, earthly somatic presence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment