Tuesday, September 4, 2012

PERSONAL:September Arrives - The Rose Garden Yellows


GET READY FOR TRIP:  The Rose Garden
Carol Burnett
I’m mulching and feeding the roses once again, carefully grooming them  after letting them go for several years.  It’s very satisfying - they are heavy feeders and very responsive to care, and the extreme pruning I did in July, though unrecommended and unusual, reset them very successfully. They responded with a grand, healthy, bounteous flowering.
I’ve put in three yellows, and they are doing well.  When we come back,  I’ll finish adding new fragrant-only selections and colors.  I may remove a few more.  I’ve removed all other plantings and so access is very good now, and I can move easily around them to work on them.
 It’s fun working with Florentino, our gardener.  He suggested I put in a climber, and I think we will during bare root season.
Gina Lollabridgida

Gold Medal

No comments:

Post a Comment