Saturday, October 26, 2013

TRAVEL: Raja Ampat, Coral and Orchids (Day 4 10-26)

WAYAG ISLAND

The weather continued cloudy, with a morning rainshower. The morning bird boat found us orchids, and a pristine beach, with a willie wagtail sighting. I missed the morning snorkel, struggling with fatigue, but the afternoon was fresh for me. Lots of current to swim through.




wasps very different looking, larger

another scorpion fish, I think, amazed at the opalescent effect the little Olympus captured here

Chinese dragon - a worm which Dalton, the Indonesian dive master, found for me

 Regal angelfish - I am thrilled to have made this photo of it - they swim somewhat deep and are very skittish - they can be quite large, like a dinner plate

nudibranch
Nudibranchs are my new favorite critters - they are quite appealing and come in fabulous colors.  So glad John and Jo brought my attention to them so I could learn about them.  This picture is a bit blurry  but the colors are true.



RL* trumpetfish

rabbitfish






This velvety coral glowed with light green irradiation around its edges




Astonished at the forms of the corals - surely Peter Voulkos, would have loved these.
RL*

RL*
RL*
RL*

RL*

RL

RL* - some kind of grouper

RL* - grouper?


No comments:

Post a Comment