Wednesday, October 30, 2013

TRAVEL Raja Ampat, Night Dive, Dugong sighting (Day 7 & 8)

GAM ISLAND, FRIWINBONDA ISLAND


Sunny  morning beach walk 
To Friwinbonda Island this morning after Gam - the days run together.   I woke up with enough sleep in the tank, a little morning rain, then two great sun-blessed snorkels in very warm water. Many in the group saw a dugong (an unusual sighting of a sea cow-type creature. I contented myself with photos of the fabulous coral – so many kinds, the most colorful multitudinous plentiful displays I think I’ll ever see. And the fish sightings continued to be extra-orddinary finds for me.


dugong RL*

spotted boxfish - that face! Looks like a puppy.




RL* -green moray - I found one of these myself

RL* triggerfish - similar to an orange-lined, but significant marking differences



Fantastic looking needlefish

 Blackbelly picassofish (triggerfish)



Can you spot it?


This was fantastic for me - it is a cuttlefish, leisurely proceeding across the reef.  It changed color to hide and confuse predators within a second.





Finally he gave up his flirtation with me and swam away with surprising acceleration and speed.


RL*

The most velvety, feathery  crinoid- exquisite color

No comments:

Post a Comment